19 Mar 2015 The JSPS London Call for the Pre/Post-doctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers (Short Term)
Applications to JSPS London
Fellowship Start Period: 1 November 2015 to 31 March 2016
Closing Date: 1 June 2015
This Programme provides the opportunity for short-term visits for pre- and post-doctoral UK researchers and researchers from Europe and North America based in the UK to conduct cooperative research with leading research groups at Japanese Universities and Institutions. The Programme is designed to provide researchers with first-hand experience of the research and living environment in Japan, whilst expanding academic exchange between Japan and the United Kingdom. Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. Awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months.
Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply through the JSPS London Office:
- All European Union countries (as of 1st April 2014) as well as Switzerland and Norway
- USA and Canada
Nationals of other countries may be eligible to apply for funding through JSPS Tokyo Headquarters. Please check their fellowship programmes and eligibility criteria by referring to the following web page:
Please also note that there are different eligibility criteria for PhD student applicants and Post-doctoral applicants and your status at the time of your proposed tenure start date determines which eligibility criteria is applicable to you.
DURATION AND COMMENCEMENT OF AWARDS
- Grants are awarded for a period of 1 to 12 months.
- Successful applicants are asked to start their awards in Japan between 1 November 2015 and 31 March 2016
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- JSPS’ designated travel agent will provide a return air ticket for the most direct, economical route.
- Monthly maintenance allowance of 362,000 JPY (for Post-doctoral Fellows) 200,000 JPY (for Doctoral Fellows)
- Settling-in allowance of 200,000JPY (only for awardees with a tenure of four or more months)
- Overseas travel, accident and sickness insurance coverage (based on JSPS regulations)
- There is an additional research support allowance available for the host, to cover cooperative research expenses with a fellow. Applications for this allowance should be made by the host to JSPS Headquarters.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Monday, 1 June 2015
Please download and carefully read the following 10 documents before starting your application form:
For application enquiries and submissions please contact:
14 Stephenson Way
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7255 4660
Fax: +44 (0)20 7255 4669
In addition, an electronic version of the abstract and application form (as word documents) are required to be e mailed to: email@example.com by the same closing date of Monday, 1 June 2015
- Funding Programmes Explained
- JBUK Japan Award