13 Oct 2017 JSPS London Call for the Short Term Pre/Postdoctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers FY2018 (first call)
Applications to JSPS London
Fellowship Start Period: 1st May 2018 to 31st March 2019
Closing Date: Friday 1st December, 2017
This Programme provides the opportunity for short-term visits for pre and postdoctoral UK researchers and researchers from Europe, North America and Canada based in the UK to conduct cooperative research with leading research groups at Japanese Universities and Institutions. The Programme is designed to provide researchers with first-hand experience of the research and living environment in Japan, whilst expanding academic exchange between Japan and the United Kingdom. Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. Awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months.
Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply through the JSPS London Office:
- All European Union countries (as of 1st April 2015) as well as Switzerland and Norway
- USA and Canada
Nationals of other countries may be eligible to apply for funding through the JSPS Tokyo head office. Please check their fellowship programmes and eligibility criteria by referring to the following web page:
Please also note that there are different eligibility criteria for PhD student applicants and Postdoctoral applicants and your status at the time of your proposed tenure start date determines which eligibility criteria is applicable to you.
DURATION AND COMMENCEMENT OF AWARDS
- Grants are awarded for a period of 1 to 12 months.
- Successful applicants are asked to start their awards in Japan between 1st May 2018 and 31st March 2019
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- JSPS’ designated travel agent will provide a return air ticket for the most direct, economical route.
- Monthly maintenance allowance of 362,000 JPY (for Post-doctoral Fellows) 200,000 JPY (for Doctoral Fellows)
- Settling-in allowance of 200,000JPY (only for awardees with a tenure of three or more months)
- Overseas travel, accident and sickness insurance coverage (based on JSPS regulations)
- A research support allowance to cover cooperative research related expenses. The host researcher can apply for this allowance to JSPS Tokyo once an award of a fellowship has been confirmed.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday, 1st December 2017
Please download and carefully read the following 9 documents before starting your application form:
For application enquiries and submissions please contact:
14 Stephenson Way
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7255 4660
Fax: +44 (0)20 7255 4669
In addition, an electronic version of the abstract and application form (as word documents) are required to be e mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the same closing date of Friday 1st December, 2017.
- Funding Programmes Explained
- JBUK Japan Award