International Scientific Meetings in Japan
To advance international scientific cooperation, this program funds the convening of international scientific meetings in Japan. The objective is to promote interaction and information exchange among researchers from various countries with the aim to elevate the level of research in a field in both Japan and the broader scientific community.
Call for FY2013 (NOW CLOSED)
|Approximately 20 meetings|
|Duration of Conference||The conference should be held between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2014|
|Application Method:||Complete the e-application process on the JSPS Tokyo website. |
For details, please refer to http://www-shinsei.jsps.go.jp/ (only the Japanese version is available)
|Application Period:||23 -27 April 2012|
|Total amount of |
|Up to ¥2,000,000|
|Coverage of |
|1) Travel costs of the invited foreign researchers |
2) Venue hire
|Link to JSPS |
|http://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-meeting/index.html (English) |
Applicants must be present at the meeting and be full-time researchers affiliated with one of the following types of institution:
1) Japanese universities, inter-university research institutions, corporations, junior colleges and colleges of technology
2) National research institutions
3) Independent administrative institutions and other institutions which conduct scientific research or R&D activities
4) Research institutions in the private sector
*Please make sure 2) to 4) are on the JSPS institution list: https://www-kokusai.jsps.go.jp/jsps1/kikanList.do
Main Requirements of Scientific Meetings
1) They must contribute to advancing science in Japan and throughout the world.
2) Their themes must be clearly defined and possess scientific value, particularly in terms of their potential to generate new knowledge and concepts or to devise new research methodologies.
3) There must be a significant reason for holding the meeting in Japan.
4) At least 25% of the participants must, as a rule, be overseas researchers.
5) Sufficient consideration must be given to the participation of young researchers.
6) An administrative system must be established for implementing the meeting.
Duration and Commencement of Awards
Successful applicants are asked to hold their meeting between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2014.
Terms of the Award
Up to 2 million yen to be used towards the travel costs of the invited foreign researchers and venue hire
23 - 27 April 2012
* This is the deadline for applications to be sent to JSPS. Please be aware that the deadline within each institution to collect applications to send to JSPS may vary.
For application enquiries and submissions, please contact:
Overseas Fellowship Division
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
8 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Tel: +81-(0)3-3263-3443, 9094