1. Alessio Patalano, Japan as a Sea Power: Imperial Legacy, Wartime Experience, and the Making of the Post-war Navy (Bloomsbury/Continuum, forthcoming 2014);
2. Alessio Patalano, Izuru Fukumoto, Kimihiko Kishikawa, and Ouyang Wei, Security, Disaster Relief, and the Great East Japan 3. Earthquake Inside the Japanese Military Experience (Palgrave, forthcoming 2013).
3. Alessio Patalano (ed.), Maritime Strategy and National Security in Japan and Britain. From the Alliance to Post-9/11 (Brill/Global Oriental, 2012).
1. "Japan‟s Maritime Strategy: The Island Nation Model‟, RUSI Journal, Vol. 156, 2011:2, 82-89.
2. "Shielding the Hot Gates: Submarine warfare and Japanese Defence Strategy in the Cold War and Beyond, 1976-2006‟, The Journal of Strategic Studies, Vol. 31, 2008:6, 859-895.
3. "「海軍」から「海自」へ:戦後日本のシーパワー‟ (trans. From Kaigun to Kaiji: Japan‟s post-war seapower), 軍事史学 (The Journal of Military History), Vol. 44, 2009:4, 154-169.
4. "日米同盟と海上自衛隊の潜水艦隊(1955-1976)‟ (trans. US-Japan Military relations and the development of Japan‟s post-war submarine force, 1955-1976), 戦略研究 (The Journal of Strategic Studies), 2009:7, 93-117.
1. "Maritime Disputes and Sino-Japanese Security Relations‟, in Thomas Kane & Donovan Chau (eds.), China and International Security (3 Vols., Preager, forthcoming 2014).
2. "Itō Masanori, The Imperial Navy, and Japan‟s Post-war National Identity‟, in Duncan Redford (ed.), The Sea and National Identity (I.B. Tauris, forthcoming 2012).
3. "Japan‟s Maritime Past, Present, and Future‟, in Geoffrey Till & Patrick Bratton (eds.), Seapower and the Asia-Pacific: The Triumph of Neptune (Routledge, 2011), 94-110.
4. "Japan‟s Contemporary Naval Power and Regional Maritime Cooperation‟, in Andrew Forbes (ed.), Australia and Its Maritime Interests: At Home and in the Region (Canberra: Sea Power Centre Australia, 2008), 131-140.
1. Mariotti D, Mitra S, Švrček V “Surface-engineered silicon nanocrystals” Nanoscale 5 (2013) 1385 - Invited Feature Review Article
2. Švrček V, Mariotti D, Mitra S, Kaneko T, Li L, Cvelbar U, Matsubara K, Kondo M, "Built-in charges and photoluminescence stability of 3D-surface engineered silicon nanocrystals by a nanosecond laser and a DC microplasma” Journal of Physical Chemistry C 117 (2013) 10939
3. Švrček V, Mariotti D, Matsubara K, Kondo M, “Carriers multiplication in neighboring surfactant-free silicon nanocrystals produced by 3D-surface engineering in liquid medium” Journal of Materials Science and Engineering A, 3 (2013) 187
4. Mariotti D, Švrček V, Mathur A, Dickinson C, Matsubara K, Kondo M “Carbon nanotube growth activated by quantum-confined silicon nanocrystals” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 46 (2013) 122001
Tobacco Control, e-letters, June 2013
First Author Professor Chitta Chowdhury, University of Warwick
Publication resulting from a JSPS BRIDGE Fellowship
Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 13, 3219-3222
By Professor Chitta Chowdhury, University of Warwick
06 Jun 2013 9th CitizED International Conference
9th CitizED International Conference
Conference theme: "East and West in Citizenship Education: Encounters in Education for Diversity and Democracy”.
Venue and Date: CIC Tokyo: Campus Innovation Center, Tokyo, Japan, 13-15 July 2013
Conference organisers: Professor Norio Ikeno, Hiroshima University and Professor Mitsuharu Mizuyama, Kyoto University of Education.
Further details about the conference may be obtained by writing to email@example.com
Posted by Dr. Ian Davies, The University of York
1. Yo-ichiro Otofuji, Haider Zaman, Makiko Shimoda, Kazuyoshi Aihara, Munemoto Kani, Masahiko Yokoyama, Satoru Ikeda, Hyeon-Seon Ahn and Yutaka Wada (2013), Recognition of ‘cryptochron’ in the polarity subchron C3Ar: Palaeomagnetic results of the Late Miocene lava sequence from Noma Peninsula (Kyushu Island), Japan: Geophysical Journal International (published online: 5 February 2013).
2. T. Kawamura, M. Hirota, H. Aoki, H. Morinaga, Y. Liu, H. Zaman and Y. Otofuji, (2013)Tectonic deformation in the southern part of the South China Block: Paleomagnetic study of the Early Cretaceous Xinlong Formation from Shangsi Foredeep Depzone in the Guangxi Province. Journal of Geodynamics, 64, 40-53.
3. Y.I. Otofuji, V.D. Tung, M. Fujihara, M. Tanaka, M. Yokoyama, and K. Kitada and H. Zaman (2012): Tectonic deformation of the southeastern tip of the Indochina Peninsula during its southward displacement: Paleomagnetic study of the Upper Cretaceous red beds from the Kontum massif, Vietnam. Gondwana Research, 22 (2 ) , pp.615 - 627.
4. K. Kondo, C. Mu, T. Yamamoto, H. Zaman, D. Miura, M.Yokoyama, H. S. Ahn and Y.Otofuji (2012):Oroclinal origin of the Simao Arc in the Shan-Thai Block inferred from the Cretaceous palaeomagnetic data. Geophysical Journal International, 190, 201-216.
5. H. Zaman, Y. Otofuji, S. R. Khan and M. N. Ahmad (2013): New palaeomagnetic data from the northern margin of the Kohistan arc: Never ending tectonic instability after India-Asia collision Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 6 (4), 1041-1054.
Publication resulting from research carried out during a JSPS Short Term Postdoctoral Fellowship:
Current Biology 22(13), R516-R517
First Author Dr. Ana Tajadura Jimenez, University College London
- Erica Baffelli, Ian Reader (eds.) Aftermath: The Impact and Ramifications of the Aum Affair in Japan. Special Issue of the Japanese Journal of Religious Studies, 39/1, 2012 pp.199. http://nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/nfile/4081
- Erica Baffelli, Ian Reader, Birgit Staemmler (eds.), Japanese Religions on the Internet: Innovation, Representation, and Authority. London & New York: Routledge, 2011 pp.243. http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415864909/
- Erica baffelli, ‘Hikari no Wa: A New Religion Recovering from Disaster’ Japanese Journal of Religious Studies 39/1(2012): 29–49. http://nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/nfile/4111
- Erica Baffelli, Ian Reader ‘Editors’ Introduction. Impact and Ramifications: The Aftermath of the Aum Affair in the Japanese Religious Context’ Japanese Journal of Religious Studies 39/1 (2012): 1–28 http://nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/nfile/4081
- Erica Baffelli, Ian Reader ‘Competing for the Apocalypse: Religious Rivalry and Millennial Transformations in a Japanese New Religion’ International Journal for the Study of New Religions 2/1 (2012):5-28. https://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/IJSNR/article/viewArticle/10491
05 Jun 2013 UK-Japan Winter School- Nonlinear Analysis
UK-Japan Winter School
Royal Academy of Engineering, London
7-11 January 2013
Posted by Professor Jurgen Berndt, King's College London
A reversible process calculus and the modelling of the ERK signaling pathway.
Proceedings, Reversible Computation 2012, LNCS, volume 7581, pp. 218-232. Springer, 2013.
Co-author Dr. Irek Ulidowski, University of Leicester
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- April 2010
- February 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- April 2009