26 Mar 2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers (Short Term)
Applications to JSPS London Office
Fellowship Start Period: Between November 2012 to the end of March 2013
Closing Date: Friday 1 June 2012
This Programme provides the opportunity for short-term visits for young pre- and post-doctoral UK researchers and researchers from Europe and North America based in the UK to conduct cooperative research with leading research groups at Japanese Universities and Institutions. The Programme is designed to provide researchers with first-hand experience of the research and living environment in Japan, whilst expanding academic exchange between Japan and the United Kingdom. Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. Awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months.
Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply through the JSPS London Office:
- All European Union countries as well as Switzerland and Norway
- USA and Canada
Nationals of other countries may be eligible to apply for funding through JSPS Headquarters. Please check their fellowship programmes and eligibility criteria by referring to the following web page:
Please also note that there are different eligibility criteria for PhD student applicants and Postdoctoral applicants and your status at the time of your proposed tenure start date determines which eligibility criteria is applicable to you.
DURATION AND COMMENCEMENT OF AWARDS
- Grants are awarded for a period of 1 to 12 months.
- Successful applicants are asked to start their awards in Japan between November 2012 and 31 March 2013
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- JSPS’ designated travel agent will provide a return air ticket for the most direct, economical route.
- Monthly maintenance allowance of 362,000 JPY (for Post-Doctoral Fellows) 200,000 JPY (for Doctoral Fellows)
- Settling-in allowance of 200,000JPY (only for awardees with a tenure of four or more months)
- Overseas travel, accident and sickness insurance coverage (based on JSPS regulations)
- There is an additional research support allowance available for the host, to cover cooperative research expenses with a fellow. Applications for this allowance should be made by the host to JSPS Headquarters.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
17:30, Friday 1 June, 2012
Please download and carefully read the following 10 documents before starting your application form:
02 Host Institutions
03 Guidlines for Completing Applications
05 JSPS Subject Area Form for Computer, Engineering, Life, Natural and Physical Sciences
06 JSPS Subject Area Form for Humanities_and_Social_Sciences
07 Application Form
08 Application Check List
09 Notes for Referees
10 JSPS Reference Form
For application enquiries and submissions please contact:
14 Stephenson Way
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7255 4660
Fax: +44 (0)20 7255 4669
In addition, an electronic version of the abstract and application form (as word documents) are required to be e mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the same closing date of 17:30, Friday 1 June 2012